lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Monday, April 23, 2012

How Nerdy is My Daughter

A few days ago:

Mike and Lia were watching TV.

M: Lia, look, Handy Manny met an archaeologist.

L: Yeah.

M: You know what an archaeologist is?

L: Yes. Like Howard Carter.

M: (.....) Uhhhh, who is Howard Carter?

L: He discovered the tomb of Tutankhamen.

M: Err...... Lia, look, Handy Manny has tools that talk.


Later that day, I got home.

M: Nanood kami ni Lia ng TV, akala ko matuturuan ko pa siya, sabi ko, do you know what's an archaeologist, sabi niya, yes, like Howard Cooper.

I: Who the heck is Howard Cooper?

M: Exactly!

I: (searches the net) Mike, there's no famous archaeologist named Howard Cooper.

M: Sabi ni Lia eh! Ask her.

I: Lia who's the archaeologist you told Daddy about? Howard Cooper?

L: DAD! It's Howard CARter!

I: (search the net) Oh there it is! He discovered King Tut's tomb.

L: Ugh!


This afternoon, in Katipunan, I told my the Lapids this story.

I: ...when Mike asked Lia, you know what's an archaeologist? She said, yes, like Howard Carter!

Norman: Oh, the guy who found King Tut.

I: HA?! Ba't alam mo yun?

N: (shrug) I read it somewhere.

I: Sa 'yo talaga nagmana yung inaanak mo!

L: Are you talking about me again?!


And that's why I love my family.

1 comment: