Happy Birthday Two Years Old! Wow! My itty bitty baby is a big boy na! And yet, as you struggle for control over your life, you seem more like a baby than ever! Or maybe it's just me, because you are my youngest, I will always see you as a baby. You better pray that you grow up to be bigger than me (that won't be so hard to do) so that I can't baby you for the rest of your life. But then again, that may not be enough to stop me.

We celebrated your birthday yesterday at the Fun Farm in Sta Elena Estates! We had to leave the house very early to be there by 9AM and although you woke up on time, and with relatively little fuss, it all went downhill from there. You didn't want to eat, didn't want to bathe, didn't want to wear pang-alis clothes, didn't want to sit in your car seat. Each step of the way was met with loud and angry crying protests from you. The first 5-10 minutes of the car ride was all wailing and crying for stubborn little you. You didn't stop until I finally gave you my iPhone and you calmed down to play games. When you had composed yourself enough, you handed me back my phone and had this expression on your face that was all "This had better be good, Mom. This had better be good."

Fortunately, you, your sisters and cousin, titos and titas and lolos and lolas all had a great time. In this picture, your yaya caught a fish and as you saw it wriggling on its hook, you stuck our tongue out at it. You rode in a cart pulled by a carabao, you fed the rabbits and tried to catch them, you ran around and played and you also sat and relaxed and ate. And when you got grubby and we had to change your clothes, you stubbornly insisted on putting on a sando and puruntong shorts thus looking so at home, you looked like you lived in the Fun Farm. It was so fun to celebrate your birthday this way, and celebrate the person that you are.

The person that you are is, you are a sweet sweet boy. You like to hug and be hugged, you are such an affectionate kid. But on the other hand, you can also be left to your own devices. If you have the box of tinkertoys or blocks, you can sit and play by yourself for quite a long time. You are also good at playing with your sisters. You still tend to grab from them when you want what they're playing. But if they find something you like more, you are usually willing to trade. They like making you laugh, but you like making them laugh too. If you do something they find funny, you do it over and over again and the three of you would erupt in loud laughter. It really warms my heart to watch you guys play nicely together. Of course, many times, you three fight over toys, or one thing or another, but on the whole, I think you are very good friends with your sisters.

Just last week you started swimming lessons because while your sisters did ballet, you seemed so lonely being left alone at home everyday. So I brought you to lessons and we did away with your super safety life vest, as the swim coach asked that you wear just arm floaties. I was so surprised that within the first lesson, he got you floating in the middle of the pool without hanging on to anyone! You even did some blowing bubbles under water! You were really having so much fun and coach said that you are matapang. The next step would be to get you to kick your legs. I think if you keep this up, you will be zipping around like a fish in the tradition of the Lapid children. I am so happy and proud of you.

Ramon, you really have a strong personality. Even if most of the time, you are content to just sit in one place, and play or just watch Charlie and Lola all afternoon, if your routine, or your idea of what is supposed to happen is disrupted, you are capable of some epic tantrums. You can cry for more than 30 minutes straight! That's how hard headed you are. You even want to be able to choose what to wear. I think you just always want to be comfortable, and to always be in your comfort zone. But that doesn't mean you are timid or fearful. You like swimming, and animals, and even new places and people. I guess this means you are capable of expanding your comfort zone. As soon as you get over the disruption of your precious routine. Ah well.

I do love being with you and playing with you, Ramon, and knowing you and figuring out your personality. Now that you're two, you'll be learning even more words, and doing even more things. I'm excited to watch you grow and be there every step of the way, taking photos, writing about you, telling your Dad what you did at the end of every day. The two of you are so alike in so many ways, it's astounding. I hope the two of you grow up to be good, close friends. Even if your Daddy keeps saying the two of you will keep secrets from me, I guess if that means the two of you will form a very close bond, then I guess that's ok. Just don't tell Daddy.

I love you so much, my little man. Happy happy second birthday.
Love, Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment