lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home Sick

Last Thursday, Nov 13, about an hour before Mike and I were set to leave for the airport, Lola Vinchu came over to fetch Lia. We were spending the weekend in Macau and we arranged for each grandmother to have one granddaughter for the weekend. Lia would stay in Katipunan with Lola Vinchu and Desi would stay home in Sampaloc with Lola Cora.

Well, Lia woke up later than usual from her nap and was in a sour mood. Plus I think she sensed something was up because Mike and I were dressed, and there was luggage being brought down. It wasn't as if she didn't want to go with Lola Vinchu. She's been fetched before and she knew she was going to Katipunan that day. But she wanted me to come along. Every time we try to get her out the door, she would say Mommy! Mommy! So I went and brought her to the car and when I followed her, she said, "It's working! It's working!" and then she was put inside Lola Vinchu's car and she said "Mommy can you ride?" And I said no, darling, I will bring you to the car but I won't ride. And she started to cry again. I popped me head into the front seat and she said again "It's working! It's working!" But I just blew her a kiss, closed the door and she was crying when they drove away.

It nearly broke my heart. :( But we were reassured when, while waiting to board our plane we called and Lola Vinchu said Lia is ok and "I'm teaching her how to cut with scissors. Is that ok?"

Honestly, how do you answer a question like that? Hahaha! Hi Mom!

The next day when we called to check up on Desi, we were told that she had a hard time falling asleep the night before, and her fever was back. Poor baby! It was the first time we were apart from each other for more than 8 hours. And now we were going to be apart for four and a half days! Wah! Good thing by Sunday, her fever was gone, but because she was still coughing, they decided not to send her to Katipunan and St. Ignatius anymore.

Monday morning, Lola Vinchu called me to say Lia also had a fever the day before and a rash that day but that she had Dr. Tito Jojo look at her and he didn't think it was anything serious. But because Lia still had a temperature, she wouldn't bring Lia back to Sampaloc na lang until the following day, Tuesday, when we're already home.

Wah! Everytime we heard news like this I just wanted to swoop back to Manila and nurse my babies back to health! But it was out of our control and we left them with people who we trust would take care of them just as much as we would. So we did our best to stay calm and enjoy ourselves. Good thing Macau povided a lot of distractions to keep us from being worried.

Anyway, Tuesday 1AM we were finally reunited with Desi. She woke up when we arrived and clung to me as I nursed her to sleep. She held on to me fast all night until morning, she would stir if I moved away from her and she kept checking to see if I was still there.

At around 10:30 that morning Lia was brought home by Lola Vinchu and it was evident that she missed... Desi. She hugged Desi before she even hugged me. She seemed ok, her usual chatty self, but she had some rashes again. To me it looked like an allergy. I've let her drink some benadryl for it and it went away. Lola Cora missed her too and promptly took her to Jollibee after she woke up from her nap.

Lola Vinchu said she thinks Lia became a bit homesick having a difficult time sleeping in Katipunan when she seemed to realize that she's been there far longer than ever before. But only at night. During the day she was actively playing as if she wasn't even sick at all.

Thank goodness we are now all together. Both my girls still have coughs and colds, but no more fevers, no more rashes and fresh breastmilk na for Desi all day. Yay! We missed them so much, and I think the sickinesses meant they missed us too.

For details of our Macau trip, click here: Macau 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness indeed! It's hard to be separated from your children, especially if they're still as young as Lia and Desi. But you're back now, all charged and ready to nurture your little ones back to health. :)

    ReplyDelete