lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Messy Desi

We've been feeding Desi breakfast everyday for almost two weeks now, and to date, she has eaten/taste/spread all over her face, hands and clothes the following food (not in order): apples, watermelon, mango, carrots, banana and potatoes.

During the first week, she would eat some food, taste it and swallow it, and then ten seconds into that polite and wonderfully neat eating, she would start spitting it out, playing with it with her hands and spreading it all over her bumbo tray. She would look beside, behind and everywhere except where the spoon is coming from. She would stuff her fingers in her mouth so nothing can come in and wet gooey baby food dribbles out. She would grab at the spoon and bang it on the table and then bite it when there's no food in it anymore. This is frustrating because Lia never did any of this. She just always ate whatever was put in front of her like a hungry obedient puppy. It's also funny, I think more funny than frustrating, because this is what I expect normal babies do. This was probably how I ate as a baby. Maybe even worse. And up to now I have difficulty finishing my food.

At the end of the first week, we discovered a secret. After Desi was wailing to be let out of the feeding chair when more than half her food was still uneaten, Yaya Fe lifted her out and she calmed down. And then, while carrying her in one arm, she fed her with the other hand and what do you know? Desi just kept chomping and chomping at carrots and apples like they're the best thing since breast milk. WHHAAAT!? Baby has to be carried to eat?! Oh. My. God. Thank heavens Yaya Fe dotes on Desi and is quite willing to spoil her. I would absolutely never do that. I might have just let her go hungry if she insisted on being fed this way.

I've been sick the past couple of days and Yaya Fe has been feeding her without me. Somehow, I'm not sure how, she was able to convince Desi it's more fun to eat while sitting down. She still spits her food and grabs the spoon, but now she finishes all her food and doesn't get all of it on her clothes anymore. Just a lot of it. I got to feed her again this morning, and I was so happy with how she ate all her potatoes and cerelac and most of her mangoes I wasn't too upset that I was up to my wrists and elbows with icky wet baby food and spit. So I'm afraid the moniker might stick for a while.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how identities seem to be born with the person, that there is something to begin with before the formation, education, the 'nurturing'.. And something I've never experienced (unfortunately) is to have a sibling who started (or turned out) to be someone so different from me. Just yesterday our landlady was explaining to me the differences between her 4 daughters and was sharing how confused she was about how different they all were despite coming from the same parents and upbringing. I just told her I bet it's more fun that way, to expect something unique from each.

    We have a newborn in the family, btw, a new niece for me. Sadly, I won't be able to watch her grow up closely. I love babies pa naman. They smell so good, don't they?

    ReplyDelete