| Rating: | ★★★★ |
| Category: | Other |
So anyway, I've decided to make a review of the Bumbo.
First of all, Desi's Bumbo seat was a gift. My brother, Carlo, who's in the States and is Desi's godfather sent it to us. I did however, do the research before asking Carlo to get it as a gift to his inaanak. It cost around $40 and Carlo was able to order it off the internet from a seller who delivered it to his flat for free. Of course, the shipping to the Philippines wasn't free but the box contained other stuff for the family so ok lang. At the time I asked Carlo for it because I couldn't find it in any local store. But I found it about a month ago in Baby and Co Powerplant. It cost $2999, if I'm not mistaken, and was color yellow.
Here's my assessment of it. It's very useful. When Desi couldn't sit on her own, we'd sit her in it on the bed and play with her. Now she prefers to sit on her own and crawl around so we use it more for eating breakfast in the morning. Thanks Ninong Carlo for throwing in the Play Tray.
However, she is a very malikot (active, wriggly, moves-around-alot) baby and tends to stretch out as if to escape the Bumbo seat. Which means when we used to play with her on it on the bed (which you're not supposed to do) she only agreed to stay in it for at most, 20 minutes. She does this also now when she doesn't want to eat anymore. She's never succeeded in escaping it, so it is very safe and durable as the website claims, but I think she will outgrow it before she turns 7 months. By then we will graduate her to a proper high chair with restraints.
I think it's a cool thing to have, certainly a novelty. But it's not a necessity, it won't make your baby smarter or healthier or ensure her entrance into Harvard. So buy it if you have the extra money to spend, or if you can ask a ninong for it, even better. You would also make the most of it if other babies will stand to inherit the Bumbo after your baby is done with it. But keep in mind that that's P3000 you could use on other stuff for your baby, like milk or food or clothing, which he/she definitely needs more.
Bottom line, I'm very happy we have one, but it's not a must-have.



Yay bumbo! I'm glad its useful. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou may as well add for your readers (in case any of them are here in the US) that the website that offers free shipping is the Bumbo Shop. And right now they have a fairly big discount for the blue and pink ones. Hurry while supplies last! :-)
you selling this?
ReplyDeleteyou selling this?
ReplyDeletesorry, no. you can find it in SM and other baby stores.
ReplyDelete