lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Month 6

Dear Desi,

Happy 6 months! My goodness how time flies. Half a year ago, you were in my womb and half a year from now we'll be celebrating your first birthday! You've grown so well, and nicely, I am so proud of you. From the teeny tiny little helpless thing you were, you've become a big bouncing bundle of energy.



I didn't think it would be possible but you've become even more malikot in the past month. You can't really crawl yet, but you do try your darndest. I would lay you on your tummy and put something you want a few inches away from you (your favorites are: the tv remote control and anything that belongs to Ate) and you would stretch your hand to it. And you'd get frustrated because you can't reach it so you yell and shout as if you can move objects by the power of your will. But that won't works so you kick and kick but you can't get on your knees yet. So you lower your head and push yourself forward. And it works, but you can't keep your balance so you tend to roll over to one side so you're not exactly at the thing you want but beside it. But usually you get close enough to get the remote and you grab it and stuff it in your mouth. You can tell this game lends Mommy a lot of entertainment.


Another thing you like to do, which makes me think you'd like to bypass crawling all together and go straight to walking, is standing. You like to pull on our fingers and make us stand you up and it makes you break out the most charming smile! Sometimes you cry and complain just because you're lying on your back and nothing could make you happy than someone propping you up to stand. Which is why the Ultrasaucer is perfect for you. You LOVE the Ultrasaucer. Every time we put you there, you squeal with excitement, and bounce up and down, and grab all the toys and put them all in your mouth. You love it because it allows you to stand, and we love it because our arms don't have to hurt while you stand.


One thing you learned to do, which I don't think you used to do very much, is complain. You complain so much more these days, it's as if you've figured out that shouting, yelling or crying can get people to do what you like, and it's not just an expression of hunger or sleepiness or wet discomfort. You cry when you're left alone, you protest when you don't want to be tied down to your car seat or stroller, you let us know if you want something. But this doesn't mean you are no longer a pleasant baby. One of the things you do that I find so infinitely endearing is when you wake up from your morning nap, no one knows because you just lie there quietly for up to thirty minutes, just calmly looking around and thinking. And when you're ready to be attended to, you just give a little "ah" and of course either Yaya Fe or I will come running. It's niceness like this that makes it such fun to take care of you.


Over the weekend of your 6 month birthday, we took you and Ate to Subic Ocean Adventure and Zoobic Safari. I was so proud of you because none of the animals fazed you, not even the tigers that came up close to the caged jeep we were riding. You were so interested in all the new places and things there that you didn't want to sleep, even when you were so sleepy. You kept yourself awake (and a little cranky) so you wouldn't miss anything. we had to leave you in the hotel for a few hours on the second day so that you could nap otherwise, you'd go through another day of little or no naps. Not good for a growing baby like you.


On the whole, the past 6 months have been great. Exciting because of all the new things you're learning and teaching yourself, and also mellow and relaxing because Mommy isn't too anxious about being a first time Mommy anymore. And you being such a nice and happy baby makes caring for you such fun.

Six months is a big deal because you will get to do a lot more from now one. We will start feeding you solid food, teach you to do sign language, and do my darndest to get you to sleep for longer hours at night. It's going to be a great adventure which won't be easy all the time, but I'm confident you will make me proud. If it's possible to make me prouder of you than I am right now.


I love you very much to teeny tiny bits,
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. She sounds like all my babies. I used to wonder why they were not like those of my friends, who could be left to themselves without complaining. I thought I didn't know how to discipline them, but I now realize it was just their way of asserting themselves and getting what they wanted.

    ReplyDelete