Today was the first time we brushed Lia's teeth. She already has 4. And I know I should have gotten started much sooner but I was never sure how to make her spit. So when I went to the dentist last week and asked her about it, she said I should brush Lia's teeth after every meal already and instead of making her spit, just use the teeny tiniest amount of toothpaste and then use a clean piece of cloth dipped in water to clean her mouth, like I used to to clean her mouth before she had teeth.
She also said I can use Happee toothpaste, and it's probably the same as infant toothpaste anyway.
So I was able to buy new toothpaste yesterday and this afternoon brushed her teeth after lunch. She wouldn't keep her mouth open for me to reach her teeth at first and would protest with a look at said, "what are you doing mommy, are you crazy?" Until I did it to myself first, like it's a game. "Look Lia, mommy's brushing her teeth! O, Lia naman!" And she bared her teeth for me to brush. SO CUTE!
She's so smart it bowls me over. And she's been taking 4-5 steps on her own lately. Sniff! My baby's learning to walk! She's growing up so fast! She's going to be one in less than two months! *Cry!*



No comments:
Post a Comment