lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Month 10



Dear Lia,

You turned 10 months 5 days ago. Mommy was late in writing this letter because on the day you turned 10 months, I had just gotten home from a 4 day trip to Singapore, which was the longest we were ever away from each other. I missed you A LOT during that time I wanted to pick up random Singaporean babies off the streets so that I could nurse them. But I didn't cause none of them were as cute as you. And I've spent much of the last five days taking care of you and catching up on Christmas that I haven't been able to write your letter until now.



When I got home from the airport, I was raring to gather you up in my arms but you greeted me with just your usual "hi mommy" smile like I had only been gone for a couple of hours. After which you completely forgot about me and focused on my gold cross which you love to fiddle with so much. But I forgave you immediately after because you very clearly signed "milk" at me! And then when I asked if you wanted to go upstairs, you signed "up up up!". I almost melted in pride. Finally! After all those months of making funny gestures at you, you're making those gestures back. Not yet consistently but enough so I know you know what they mean.



While you haven't mastered sign language yet, you have mastered maximizing your cuteness. This past month, you came up with a very cute habit. You would gently squeeze your eyes shut and it is so adorable that every time you did it, we would say "beautiful eyes!" For the first few weeks, you only did it when you wanted but after that you would squeeze your eyes shut for us whenever we say "beautiful eyes!" It's the most delightful thing in heaven and earth and it never fails to impress. You also know "where's the light?" (you raise your hands and look up whether the light is on the ceiling or not) and "ari-munding munding" which is a sort of hand wiggle dance thing your Lola Cora makes you do. You hold us all in thrall of the tricks that you do.



It has been such an exciting month, being able to communicate with you. Of course, you've also learned to pretend-cry to get your way. I'm sorry to report, you get away with it a lot of the time. Other times, we are able to distract you with a toy or more effectively, a non-toy. There are also, of course, non negotiables that no amount of crying will get you out of. Like having to sit in your car seat when we're on the road and not destroying the christmas tree. Thus far, you have mostly regarded it with indifference. Except when the lights are on, then you stare at it quietly for a while, after that you look around for something else to do so you're doing much better at decorations than I expected. Good girl!



Aside from the communicating and the tricks, you are also now more mobile. This was the month you took your first steps. It rarely happened again after as if you're tired of the novelty and prefer to stick to crawling. But when you are put in your bamboo walker (andador), you zip around as if you've been set free from a cage. Up and down and all around the house, you practically run that when I showed your Daddy what you can do, I could almost see his heart jump out of his chest. He kept repeating "she's not supposed to be walking yet, she's not supposed to be walking yet" for about a week before he got over it. And I think he only got over it because we never put you in your andador in his presence again.



Because you've gotten so active, I made it a point to put a bit of effort into baby-proofing the house before I left for my trip. I baby proofed the cabinets within your reach and stuck corner cushions on the furniture. All of which you wasted no time yanking out of their place. So much for baby proofing. I almost bought a toilet lock but remembered you wouldn't go near the thing after that first and only time you pooped in the toilet. Perhaps there's more than one way to baby proof a house.

You're growing more charming and more determined every day and you never fail to impress everyone around you. You're engaging and sweet and oh so lovely. Perhaps all parents feel this way about their children but your Daddy and I are the happiest and proudest of them all because we got you.

Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment