Lia has been sick the last couple of days. :( When we came home from St. Ignatius last Sunday she was running a temperature, and by 2AM she had a fever. Poor cranky baby couldn't sleep unless mommy was holding her. Bawal siting or lying down. Kelangan standing. And I couldn't let her cry because she would wake Mike up who had just come home from a work trip, and had to leave again early next morning for his third work trip in 6 days. Everyone was wawa all around. Her fever subsided yesterday but she had diarrhea. :p so she's off solids until her poop looks more normal.
And I totally blame myself for this because I made her go swimming in the kiddie pool in Celebrity last Sunday, despite the less than warm weather. And she was prostesting so hard at letting her feet get wet but I kept at it because she's a Lapid, and no Lapid child is afraid of the water. True enough after holding her in the water with her "This is not fun." look, she started to relax and smile and even laugh and play with Tito Carlo and Tito Ayo. But this was when I noticed her lips were blue and her hands were purplish. I immediately took her out of the water, wrapped her in a towel and we took a shower together. If I had known she'd be down with a fever 12 hours later, I would never have.
I thought maybe it's cause she's teething, but Dr. Spock said that although fevers and diarrhea have always been attributed to teething, teething doesn't cause any of this. They are caused by germs. Oh well, all babies get sick sooner or later. I just wish I could make her more comfortable so she isn't crying so much anymore.



wawa baby! =(
ReplyDelete