lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Evenflo Portable Ultrasaucer


Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
I browsed around the internet for baby toys and the Evenflo Portable Ultrasaucer caught my eye because of all the bright colors, and how it would allow Lia to stand while playing without causing my arms to hurt. I tried to see if there was anything like it around here, but there was none. Lia's Ninang Michelle found it in Target though and had it shipped over. After two months of waiting, it finally came and it turned out to be better than I thought. Not only is it portable, its chair spins around, it can rock, and it bounces! It has big springs that serve as shock absorbers so that when Lia jumps around in it, she just bounces and doesn't hurt herself.

She loooved being placed in it, surrounded by bright colorful toys that move and make noise and she can bend and put in her mouth. She loved being upright, standing while playing, and bouncing around in it. We know how much she loved it because not only did she get into her "serious fun" mode, she would also yell and exclaim in her enjoyment. This is definitely a five-star toy.

EDIT: November 21, 2012. After 6 years, this toy is still alive. It was used by all my three kids, plus Martina, Raffy, Luis, Aleeia, and now it's with Hugo. The rattle doesn't have any more little beads inside, and the musical gadgets are reduced to making a faint tune. But it's still intact, the colors are still bright, and babies still love sitting in it and playing with the toys. This was a very very good buy, just because of the number of kids who were able to use it. But it wouldn't be sulit if it were only for one baby. They outgrow this toy quite quickly. Which is why I was happy to lend it to so many people.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mommy Ina! :)

    My baby is 5months and 2 weeks old now. And I was looking at Evenflo's website. The Exersaucer caught my attention. Is it the same as the one Desi has? I saw one at SM today, and it costs around 5200. I just want to know if it's worth it. :) I would really appreciate your reply!

    Mommy Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they have it in SM na? That's great! Two years ago, I couldn't find it anywhere here in the Philippines.

    The model we got cost about the same, slightly more siguro (depending on the exchange rate?) and of course shipping made it cost even more.

    Whether it's worth it or not depends a lot on your baby, and maybe how many babies will use it. Kasi my eldest, Lia, used it for only about 3 months (5mos-8mos), and then she started standing on her own and cruising na, so she didn't like to be trapped in the Ultrasaucer anymore. She preferred to crawl. However, I've already lent it to two friends, and their babies used it for much longer. Plus my new baby will be using it soon.

    It helps your baby learn to stand and it will let you rest from carrying them or propping them up all the time. Plus your baby has fun and it's quite safe. For my husband, it was worth it even for just 3 months. For me, after 3 babies had used it, dun pa lang I felt it was sulit.

    You can check out the product reviews in Amazon for the particular model that's available in SM. Hope this response helps. Congratulations on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for the fast reply ha! I asked my friend nga, and he said that it's better if I buy it here na lang. Actually, I think it will really be worth it since my baby is the first apo, and more will be coming from my kuyas. I will definitely buy one! My baby fits well on it eh. :)

    Thanks you! Btw, how old is your baby na? My baby can't sit by herself pa rin eh. I liked the chair that looked like a potty..was that the Bubump? :)

    God Bless! Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nagkataon lang! I just logged on when and I saw your message agad. Good if your baby will have cousins. It's very sturdy, you can pass it on for many years to come. :-) You can make your brothers contribute to its cost. hahaha!

    The chair that looks like a potty is called a Bumbo. You can google it, it's ergonomically designed to let babies who can't sit on their own yet be able to do so. That was a gift, also from the States. Haven't been able to find it here either. I heard they sold it in Glorietta before pero baka naubos na.

    But your baby is already more than 5 months. I'm sure she'll sit up soon. Plus if you're getting an exersaucer, it generally does the same thing, so no need for a Bumbo. Desi is 4 and a half months. :-)

    You're very welcome! I really write about these things in my blog to help other mommies. :-)

    ReplyDelete