lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Now we know. And knowing is half the battle.


My daughter seems to have lost her super baby powers of sleeping through the night. She woke up crying three times last night. Each time, I had to get up, fetch her from her crib and nurse her to calm her down. Poor baby, last night, we could feel a tooth pushing through her gums already and it must be irritating her like hell. I tried putting her between Mike and me on our bed but she ends up headbutting Mike in her sleep, preventing him from sleeping too. It won't do for
everyone to be cranky in the morning. So each time she cried, I got up her to calm down and then I put her back in the crib when she was asleep na again. And when she didn't want to be put on the crib, I had to let her sleep on me as I reclined on the LaZboy. When I finally woke up this morning (as in the-sun-was-up morning), she was already downstairs with the yaya. Her Daddy took pity on me and got up to take care of Lia in his own special way (ie. give her to someone else) so I wouldn't have to get up anymore. Bawi naman ang tulog ko.

Her fever was gone by last Wednesday, but this morning we noticed a rash on her tummy and chest. It's on her head too. It was very faint so I tried not to think much of it. I don't like being OA about things. As my friend Jesse's Friendster testimony succinctly puts it: I "rarely indulge in unecessary drama." Of course, she feels this way cause she's totally ma-drama! But I digress. I didn't want to make a big deal of it, but she's my first baby, and it's her first string of illnesses and I have no idea what to worry about and what not to worry about. My general rule to myself is if there's no fever, it's probably nothing. She doesn't have a fever anymore and is actively pursuing the remote control as always so no worries right? Right. First-time mom had to consult Dr. Spock again. And he said rashes are a valid reason to call your doctor. We'll see. Over lunch, Yaya Jenny points out the rash and it had gotten redder. Well, at least it's not German Measels. I've had those (even if I was given a vaccine for it. buti na lang I got it years before I got pregnant!) and it didn't look like it. So I called Tito Jojo and he said, since she doesn't have a fever, it sounds like nothing. (see? I'm getting a hang of this) I reminded him she had just gotten out of a fever and he said it's probably "roshela" which is a viral infection. He said I can show him Lia's rash on Sunday when we get together as a family. Ah the perks of seeing your pedia practically every week.

Of course, since I'm high tech and all that, I looked it up and found it. Roseola is a benign disease, a rash that follows a fever and it is common with babies, and will go away in a few days. There is no cure or vaccine for it. Just take care of the fever and keep her comfortable. That's it. Cool! Plus further reading says its incubation period is 5-15 days which means my taking her swimming had nothing to do with it. Yay! That made me feel much better as a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment