lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My Daughter the Poop Machine


We woke up to her cries at around 2AM. She had pooped, so her Daddy got up to change her. By then she was hungry na, so after changing, she was passed on to me for feeding, and her Daddy lay down to go back to sleep. In the middle of feeding, she pooped again! And we know when she poops, not because of her cries, or the smell, but because we can HEAR IT. She pooped so hard that it escaped her disposable diaper and spilled all over her mommy and the pillow she was lying on. Naturally, I couldn't get up to change her yet because she was still too busy eating. Ah the perks of babyhood, crapping and eating at the same time, two of life's greatest pleasures. Anyway. So I wait. And when she finally lets go of my breast, it's around 2:30AM, she is fast asleep. I wake Mike up so he can change her while I go upstairs to change myself (we're still camped out in the living room) but before I could leave, just as her Daddy removed the dirty diaper from her butt, SHE POOPS AGAIN! Right into Daddy's hand and onto the white
ultimate crib sheet. Mommy stays and keeps her still while Daddy goes to the bathroom to wash his hands. By now she's awake and wailing at the indignity of lying in poop. When he gets back, he starts cleaning her up when he realizes, the whole area around our baby's butt is wet. So this time, she peed. Daddy gives up, Mommy takes over. I had to change her shirt because she got poop and pee on it too, and finally I get her into a clean diaper. I remove her from the crib so that Daddy can take all the poopy stained sheets, pillow cases, clothes and whatnot, off the crib, and replace them with clean ones. After that we put her in the crib and I went upstairs to change clothes. By the time I go back down, it was around 3AM at which point the baby starts fussing as if she wants to feed again. And I don't want to because SHE HAD JUST FED! She might get used to using me as a pacifier, something she can chew on until she falls asleep and the doctor said that's not good. So I sort of hold her and try to rock her to sleep. No luck. She shoves her hands, her clothes, my clothes, whatever into her mouth and finally, I give in and start nursing. And just as I was starting to doze off I feel a spurt of wetness in my arm. She PEED ON ME! It escaped her diaper AGAIN. What a useless. Again I can't get up to change until she finishes feeding. And do you know when that happened? 4AM! She fed for a whole hour, practically nonstop. I know! I couldn't sleep because I was waiting, anticipating when I could go up and change my clothes again. But by the time she finished, I was too exhausted, the pee had all dried up on me (it's colorless and doesn't smell anything. It's like this baby pees water.), I figured whatever pee was left in her diaper was absorbed and since she's fast asleep and not crying, I just put her in her crib and lay down on the couch and went back to sleep. I couldn't care to change anymore.

But at least she slept all morning until about 9AM and gave mommy a chance to sleep for a while. Of course much of the same happened right before her bath, after her morning feed, pooping, pooping and pooping again in succession. This time Mommy was in charge, because I'm the bath giver. And her poop is starting to stink. Oh my.

She hasn't pooped again since then but slept ALL DAY. My mom came over this afternoon to visit her granddaughter and was gushing about how GOOD this baby is, sleeping all the time, giving her mommy and daddy the chance to rest, hardly cries, etc etc etc. And I'm thinking, she's just saving it all up for tonight, when it's just her and Daddy and Mommy.

Sigh. Welcome to parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment