Mike is feeding Lia downstairs.
As close to breastfeeding as he can get, I guess. :) I'm making more milk than she wants to consume so I pump the extra. He was minding the baby while I handle my email backlog when I heard the crying. I was about to go down to see what was wrong, he said he's got it. Now I know that means he's got the pumped breastmilk from the fridge so he can feed his daughter.
Awww...
Now the baby won't think he's so useless anymore.
Really, sometimes I try to imagine what goes on in the baby's mind. Especially when she's crying. She probably identifies me as "food source" and Mike as "diaper changer". And Jenny our maid/yaya as "the one i can fool into carrying me all the time".
Oh, but while I'm giving her a sponge bath, I'm "torturer".
Poor darling, when she cries, it just break your heart. But what can you do? The baby has be cleaned, right? Good thing I make up for it by feeding her. And then we're friends again. Or rather, she'll fall asleep and forget the horror that is the sponge bath.
In the meantime, she has a whole team of people at her beck and call. I, of course, am home all day. Mike hasn't gone to work or travelled since she was born. He's still working, but from home, which I really find comforting. Unfortunately, it won't last because he's accepting a new position which actually gives him an office. With a staff. And hours for heaven's sake. I guess that's ok. IF hopefully this means he doesn't have to go to Jolo all the time anymore. And then again, even if he did, it's something I've accepted before we even got married. We'll be fine. His last 3 trips to Zamboanga (including the one that's supposed to be this coming Sunday) had all been cancelled for some reason or another. I personally think it's the doing of Someone up there who loves my daughter very very much that He's making sure her daddy stays put for a while.
Oh no. My baby is fed but my boobs feel full again. (Parang when breasts have started to feed another human being, it isn't right to call them boobs anymore. They've been elevated to breasts. And yet. They're boobs.) sigh. Guess I'll just have to wait till she gets hungry again.
Oh, and thanks to everyone who congratulated us! Honestly, I have no idea how many people read this blog, because people hardly ever comment. I just heard that Mikaela (I'm not sure I got the spelling right),



No comments:
Post a Comment