lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Month 72

Dear Desi,

Happy birthday my dearest darlingest Shweshie! You are 4 years old! No, 2 years old! No, really 6 years old. But it's fun to tease you that you are still 4 or 2 because you like to say you're big na, but you still sort of act like a cutesie patootsie baby. It's one of the reasons everyone you meet always finds you adorable. Because you are. Very very adorable.



Over the weekend you had a three-day celebration. What a special girl you are. Last Friday, your actual birthday, Mommy ran around EVERYWHERE looking for cupcakes because you wanted to give them away to your ballet friends that afternoon. But it was all worth it to see you going around with a box in your arms, giving away your cupcakes and receiving lots of birthday greetings. After ballet we went to the mall where you picked out your birthday present (a Cra-Z Loom because the Rainbow Loom was out of stock) and then we had dinner with the family, Lapids and Juans, at Wooden Spoon, your choice of restaurant. Next day, Saturday, we had your friends over for an afternoon birthday playdate where we made pizza and crafts and your friends were all over the house making a great mess and having so much fun! And then Sunday, we had our extended Lapid family in Katipunan and you got to blow a cake with candles again. And that Sunday evening, with the Mantarings, you blew candles on donuts naman! Wow! Such a special special girl. Everybody celebrated your turning 6 years old.



You had lots of fun new experiences last year. The biggest was probably going to big school. I took you to school the first day and we were very very early because you ride with Ate whose classes start 30 mins ahead of you. You are often an hour or more too early for school but you said you don't mind. I came with you one time and found out that often your classroom is still closed when you get to school and since you and Ate are not allowed at each other's areas, you just wait for the other early birds and hang out with them. And you told me you don't mind being too early. I think it's great that you can be on your own, and that you easily make friends. You have such a great attachment to your Ate Lia and within the family, you always only want to do what she's doing and go where she's going. It's good to know that in school you have some independence and sense of identity. I hope you continue to grow into your own self when we transfer to your new school. Just in this past year you learned the read and write and I think you grew more confident in your abilities. Sometimes you worry about passing tests (entrance tests, ballet tests) but you always come out with flying colors. Daddy and I are very very proud of you.



Like when you performed at your very first ballet recital. You were so well behaved and you danced so well. I was at the ballet school a lot and I went to all your rehearsals. Teacher Alice told me that she never has any trouble keeping you quiet and behaved backstage. Also it seems in ballet your love of being photographed has worked well for you because your ballet photo (which was flashed giant-sized as a backdrop to your recital piece) is also on a giant billboard on the facade of your ballet school. Plus you have a picture in a magazine featuring your ballet school. What a photogenic child you are. Sometimes when you don't feel like having your photo taken, I just say, "I will put this on the internet" and you immediately give your best smile. I have so many random selfies of you on my phone. And sometimes you say Mommy, Mommy, take a picture of me doing this! Just like this picture below which was at the Baguio Botanical Gardens.



Your lovely silliness and flair for drama hopefully means you are a creative person. Daddy is convinced you are an artist. Maybe in music? Maybe in dance? Or even visual arts. Whatever creative pursuit you want to go for, we will support you. Basta you have to be disciplined and not rely heavily on "inspiration". In the meantime, I think we're going to have to find new creative outlets for you when we move away from our ballet school which we love so much.



Oh Shweshie, you are growing up so fast. And as you do, I can see how you more and more know your own mind (you've been planning your birthday party for the last two months) and make your own decisions (one day a couple of months ago you decided to cut your hair short and even if you still go to ballet, I just couldn't say no.). Which is why I love when you say "Mommy, I will always do what you say. I will always say yes to you." Yes, you say that, Your 6 year old you. And I am putting it here on the internet which is as binding a contract as you can have with a child. So far, you do always say yes to me, even when it's nakakatamad or if you'd rather be doing something else. One day you'll get to your rebellious days so I will cherish this time and make it stretch for as long as I can.



You are my lovely, awesome, sweety-weety Shweshie. I love talking to you (Knock knock! Who's there? Desi! Desi who? Under Desi, under Desi, Darling it's better, down where it's wetter, Under Desi!"), and hearing you sing the soundtrack to Froze over and over again, even if we don't even own the soundtrack to Frozen, and sharing TV shows with you (or bonding show right now is Sell This House Extreme. We watch it everyday if we can. You call it "My show."). I love who you are and I can tell I will love the person you will be even more. I'm here for you no matter what. I love you forever.


love, Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment