Happy 22 Months! I've been so excited to write this letter because you've been learning and doing new things by leaps and bounds in the past two months! You're doing so many new things I don't even know where to start!

Let's start with all the new things you've gotten to do. Last December, you rode an airplane for the very first time! You had your whole entire family with you on you first trip to Boracay. All the Mantarings, and all the Juans went to Boracay for Christmas vacation. It was a lot of fun! I think you enjoyed swimming in the sea and playing in the sand and eating ice cream on the beach. But planes, not so much. On the ride to Boracay, you were ok. You cried a little until we gave you some milk. But on the ride home, you cried and cried and cried, at take off and landing. :-( We think it's because the pressure change hurt your ears. Sorry about that, you got that from me. Good news is, you get used to it eventually. For now we'll just have to try to make you as comfortable as possible whenever we fly.

Another thing we learned about you is, unfortunately, you're allergic to alcohol. Just like Daddy. How did we know? Well, guilty mommy gave you a leeeetle spiked orange juice last Christmas Eve. You liked it so much you kept asking and asking for more, and whining if I didn't give you my glass. But I thought you weren't really drinking it because whenever you took a sip, it didn't look like the juice had been lessened. Plus it wasn't even really that strong. But then after a while, you started walking dazedly, and your face and ears were very red. At first, I just laughed at you, later on you seemed to get cranky so we took you upstairs to sleep. That's where I saw that your tummy was also very red. A sure sign that you've inherited your Daddy's alcohol allergy. I gave you some allerta and you were all better and fast asleep in no time. Daddy says if you're really like him, your allergy won't stop you drinking. Ah well.

I think the funniest thing we've learned about you though, is how much you like trash. Specifically, empty plastic bottles. Hay naku Ramon! Last Christmas, you wouldn't let go of the big plastic Sprite bottle that it had to be included in our Lapid Family photo. And when we went to the zoo, your sisters and Luis all chose toys from the souvenir store, but you dismissed all the toys when you saw the snack area refrigerator. You insisted on getting a bottled water! Clever boy, you satisfied your thirst, and you were very happy with the toy (empty water bottle!) you got after drinking. Your toy chest currently contains at least 4 different plastic bottles and an empty yogurt cup. You understand why I call you basura boy? Never mind, I'm not upset about it. At least you've terribly easy to please. No need to buy you expensive toys!

But I think my most favorite new thing about you is that in the last two months, you went from knowing one letter to all of them! I can point to any letter, and you can correctly identify them. Well, maybe not all. You call the Z an S, V for you is Y and W is M. I know you'll learn them correctly eventually, but for now, you don't even accept my correcting you. We have daily conversations that go like this:
What letter is this?
Y.
No, Ramon. V.
Y.
V.
Y.
V.
<you turn the page to another letter>

Stubborn kid! But you know what, that's ok! I'm just glad we're reading now! You used to be totally uninterested in books, and prefer to just swipe away at the iPad forever. Now, you like books. You like it when I point to letters and you tell me what letter they are. Or, you tell me what you see. You know a lot of words now! You know bus and car and fish and cat... well, you call it a Meow. I ask you "Where's the cat?" And you point to it and say "Meow." I say, "What does a cat say?" And you say, "Cat say." I do love reading with you, Ramon. When your Ates are in school and you and I have one on one Mommy time, and we read picture books, that's my favorite part of the day. That and when everyone comes home happy to see us. :-)

Everyday you go to school three times. You bring Ate Desi and Kuya Luis to school, and play in the playground for a few minutes. Then you bring Ate Lia to school. Then you come home and read and play with me. Then you go back and fetch Ate Desi and Kuya Luis from school. Sometimes Teacher Anne allows you to join Ate Desi's class in story telling. She lets you choose the book that she would read, which you do. And then you sit down in your spot beside Ate Desi and listen. Last time, after Teacher Anne finished reading, you stood up and picked another book! You are like your Ates in that you like school, it doesn't make you anxious to be left with strangers, and I think you like to learn. You are an awesome guy Ramon! And you're very smart too. You like to pretend to talk and count and read. You know how to get what you want. You know how to share. You know how to say Pis (Please) and Teku (thank you). You're super sweet with you hugs and kisses. You are a wonderful wonderful boy.

I love making you happy. Because you make me very very happy, everyday. By just being you.
I love you.
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment