lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Month 20

Dear Ramon,

Happy 20 Months! I can't believe your months are in the line of 20! TWENTY! Just four months short of your second birthday! Parang when your sisters were this age they were big na. But you, you're still my baby. Not just because you're my youngest, but because well... you're my baby! You do your best to act grown up. You can't talk but you communicate quite clearly. By pointing, by signing, or by going "m! m! m!" complainingly. But your favorite word is No. I think you answer just about every question with No, even if you mean to say yes. Most times, you really mean No, and shake your head and face away. But sometimes you say No, but go and do what we say. Which is a bit confusing, but still very cute. At least when I tell you to do something and end with Ok? You always answer OK! But I think I really have to teach you how to say "Yes." And "Yes Mommy." And "Yes, I will do everything you say for the rest of my life, Mommy."



Like a normal little boy, you love swimming. You love splashing around in the water, and playing with your sisters. However, you don't like your life vest. You always wail and cry before we can put it on. When we went to Punta Fuego we didn't force you. And you didn't seem to enjoy swimming as much, because there were no other kids to play with. But when we swam in Kuya Jacob's birthday you eventually stopped crying and realized nearly all the kids in the pool were wearing life jackets. You were, however, the first to ask to get out of the pool. I guess you felt cold. And probably felt hungry. That's ok too. You were the littlest one there anyway.



Also like a normal little boy, you like to play! You like to run around in the park, you like to run around at home, in the mall, in restaurants... Although you also like to be carried. Buti your yaya is young and strong and patient. If it were me, you would have to walk na lang everywhere! Or use the stroller. But it seems sometimes you really have to be carried. Especially when you're in one of your royal bad moods. Which you have on a daily basis. I think we are now learning that, even if you look just like your Dad and behave so much like him, you did get something from me. And that is you don't like mornings and waking up. Every single morning with the crying. And afternoons too, after your nap. It's really awful what a crappy mood you're in every time you wake up. But don't worry, I understand, because I'm the same. You haven't yet learned the trick of just staying in bed with your eyes closed for up to an hour after you wake up. You will soon. It's just so much better for the world to get up after you've gotten over what a hassle it is to return to consciousness. Thankfully, the "A" generally calms you down.



You do, however have a new "A". I think you also call it "A" because it's games and you love it. Even if it's nothing at all like the iPad. You're new favorite gaming console is the Wii. Oh my goodness the Wii. As I had hinted at, I generally spend most of the mornings alone in my room, rarely emerging until I've gotten over my bad mood at the necessity of waking up. By the time I come out and greet you and the girls, you're usually finished with breakfast and you always, ALWAYS tug at my shirt, demand that I go to the TV room, hand me the TV remote, and open the small shelf that houses the Wii. I don't know why you love it so much. You don't know how to play, and so even if your Mii is playing and you're holding your own controller (or two), you nearly always lose. And yet, at the end of each Wii Party game round you always yell Yss! And do a little fist pump. Sometimes you come to me and do a fist bump. It's adorable! But worrying. 20 months and addicted to gaming? We may have set a world record.



So in the past month, I've been trying to limit your access to the iPad, and encouraging you to play with toys and musical instruments, we would go to Ate Desi's school and play in the school playground with the big kids. Now all of Ate Desi's teachers know you already and are looking forward to having you as a student. We take you to the park, and you love playing in the playground. When we went to Punta Fuego, you played golf. That was very cute. So I think, even if you like sitting in front of a screen and playing games, you also like moving around and playing like a normal boy. I don't think you like traveling so much though. You were cranky for most of our Punta Fuego trip. Daddy says, it's because you're probably like him, you don't like your routine to be changed. I hope this is just a phase, and that in the future, you will be more like Daddy in another way, in that you'll like to travel.



You're still my darling sweetheart boy. I spend time with you everyday, and I feel very close to you. In that, we understand each other. When I talk to you, you seem to know what I mean, and when you gesture to me, or even just look at me, I can guess what you're thinking. I love how seriously you play, and how kenkoy you can be. How you frown at Luis when you're annoyed with him for making you kulit. How you laugh out loud when you're making kulit your sisters. I hope we'll always be close, and that you know you can always talk to me about anything, that everything I do for you, to you and with you is out of love.



I love you always. No matter what.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment