Dear Ramon,
Happy 4 months! I wasn't able to write your letter on the day you turned 4 months because it was a Sunday and we had two birthday parties to attend. But I did mark the day by stamping your footprints and hand print on to your baby book. :-) Right now it seems like your feet are already sooo big! And only one of your hands could fit in the space allotted. But I know that in no time at all, they will look so teeny tiny. And by the time you can read this, and look at your baby book to check if I'm telling the truth, you will yourself wonder how you were ever that small. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy your littleness as much as I possibly can.

I have to. Because when we went to Tito Jojo yesterday for your four month check up, we measured your height and hello! You grew 3 cm in 2 months. That's more than an inch! Really Ramon? Are you going to grow up to be tall? I certainly hope so. Since everyone in our family is rather short. But then again if you don't grow up to be that tall, it's ok. Cause you more than make up for it in cuteness. Cuteness, you have plenty of. AND the most charming disposition of all my babies. You are definitely my smiley-est baby ever! I mean, your sisters would laugh and smile at me, of course, a lot. Everyday. I have their monthly letters to prove it. But you, my baby, you smile at EVERYONE! It's astounding. Just last Sunday (the day you turned 4 months) you entertained everyone at Tita Mari's birthday by laughing out loud at Tita Bles' antics while being held by Tito Jojo. It made everyone so happy. You make everyone around you happy just by being the happy baby that you are. You really are amazing.

Aside from growing so much, you're also getting super likot. I mean, honestly, anak. Do you have to kick me in the gut while we're breastfeeding? And the biting! What is up with the biting? It really hurts you know. Not a few times I had to stop feeding you for being so mean. And also, just last week you've started to snore. Daddy and I thought your sinuses are just congested because you have that snorting sound, and yet had no sipon coming out of your nose. So I gave you vitamin C and some nasal drops. But when I told Tito Jojo about it, he said you're really just snoring. Maybe you're reveling in your being your Daddy's Mini-Mike too much. You already look just like him. Must you snore as well? Will you be super stinky farting next? No. Don't answer that question. Tito Jojo says you'll outgrow this snoring thing. For now, Mommy just has to live with the night time harmonies you and your Dad make.

Actually, I have no reason to complain. You are well, big and healthy. You're super cute. You're hitting your milestones. Lola Cora said you turned over on to your tummy last Sunday (again, the day you turned 4 months) but I haven't seen it yet. Baka chamba pa lang. I'm hoping it's a fluke because when you learn how to turn over every which way on your own, we're going to have to install fences all around our bed to keep you from falling off. And that just makes the bed a hassle to get in and out of for everyone else. If only you would go back to sleeping in your crib. But lately you seem to have discerned that the big bed is where you want to sleep. I try to put you in your crib most nights, but always within 5 mins to an hour, you cry and demand to be carried. I would think you were hungry so I set you down in our bed to nurse but even before I get in be beside you you are already back to fast asleep, having staked your claim on the bed that is, apparently yours. Can't say I'm surprised. Your sisters were the same.

You like to talk. You talk A LOT. You can carry whole conversations, just babbling along. I love listening to you and talking to you. As do your sisters. Ate Desi likes to hug and kiss you and say "Mamon, say Mama!" In the car, Ate Lia sits beside you and likes to describe to you the things that pass by. They both love you so much, and they tell you that they love you. You are very lucky to have such sweet sisters, although you may not think that much when the day comes that they will boss you around, or gang up on you, or try to make you play girly games with them. Still, I'm hopeful that the three of you grow up to be very close and have each others' backs.

We're going through a bit of transition, in that your original Yaya Fe is leaving us next month. We already have her replacement, your new yaya Marife, and she's learning the ropes on how to take care of you at home and when we go out. She still has a ways to go before she's as efficient in our routines as Yaya Fe, but I think you and she have managed to bond in the past week. It's a good thing you're a friendly baby and you go with just about anyone. Although, since you essentially have two yayas this month, you spend a lot of time with them, rather than with me. This is something I'm feeling quite guilty about. Even right now, that I'm writing you a letter, I'm wondering if I should just have you, and sing to you and play with you, rather than let your yayas take care of you. But your sisters have been sick these past few weeks so I've had to take care of them too. I do have you every evening, and all night but still I feel I should spend more time with you from now on. Babyhood is so fleeting, that you'll be running and jumping before we know it, and I'll wonder what I did when you were helpless on your back and I could have cuddled you all I wanted while you were too little to wiggle away.

I love you so much, Ramon! I love your little Ramo-hawk. And your cutie-woot dimples. I'm so addicted to your smiles I have two high tech cameras so I could capture them whenever I want. The best part is you don't suddenly frown and refuse to smile at the sight of cameras so even if you have much fewer baby pics than your sisters, you definitely have the best quality photos. Your Dad feels that the amount we've spent on these cameras are more than worth it because we have so many great photos of you.
I can't wait for all the things you'll be able to do when you're bigger, like eat food, and crawl and play. But I also think you are already absolutely perfect just being this age and size. I guess my point is, I love you no matter what. For ever and ever.
Love, Mommy
Happy 4 months! I wasn't able to write your letter on the day you turned 4 months because it was a Sunday and we had two birthday parties to attend. But I did mark the day by stamping your footprints and hand print on to your baby book. :-) Right now it seems like your feet are already sooo big! And only one of your hands could fit in the space allotted. But I know that in no time at all, they will look so teeny tiny. And by the time you can read this, and look at your baby book to check if I'm telling the truth, you will yourself wonder how you were ever that small. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy your littleness as much as I possibly can.

I have to. Because when we went to Tito Jojo yesterday for your four month check up, we measured your height and hello! You grew 3 cm in 2 months. That's more than an inch! Really Ramon? Are you going to grow up to be tall? I certainly hope so. Since everyone in our family is rather short. But then again if you don't grow up to be that tall, it's ok. Cause you more than make up for it in cuteness. Cuteness, you have plenty of. AND the most charming disposition of all my babies. You are definitely my smiley-est baby ever! I mean, your sisters would laugh and smile at me, of course, a lot. Everyday. I have their monthly letters to prove it. But you, my baby, you smile at EVERYONE! It's astounding. Just last Sunday (the day you turned 4 months) you entertained everyone at Tita Mari's birthday by laughing out loud at Tita Bles' antics while being held by Tito Jojo. It made everyone so happy. You make everyone around you happy just by being the happy baby that you are. You really are amazing.

Aside from growing so much, you're also getting super likot. I mean, honestly, anak. Do you have to kick me in the gut while we're breastfeeding? And the biting! What is up with the biting? It really hurts you know. Not a few times I had to stop feeding you for being so mean. And also, just last week you've started to snore. Daddy and I thought your sinuses are just congested because you have that snorting sound, and yet had no sipon coming out of your nose. So I gave you vitamin C and some nasal drops. But when I told Tito Jojo about it, he said you're really just snoring. Maybe you're reveling in your being your Daddy's Mini-Mike too much. You already look just like him. Must you snore as well? Will you be super stinky farting next? No. Don't answer that question. Tito Jojo says you'll outgrow this snoring thing. For now, Mommy just has to live with the night time harmonies you and your Dad make.

Actually, I have no reason to complain. You are well, big and healthy. You're super cute. You're hitting your milestones. Lola Cora said you turned over on to your tummy last Sunday (again, the day you turned 4 months) but I haven't seen it yet. Baka chamba pa lang. I'm hoping it's a fluke because when you learn how to turn over every which way on your own, we're going to have to install fences all around our bed to keep you from falling off. And that just makes the bed a hassle to get in and out of for everyone else. If only you would go back to sleeping in your crib. But lately you seem to have discerned that the big bed is where you want to sleep. I try to put you in your crib most nights, but always within 5 mins to an hour, you cry and demand to be carried. I would think you were hungry so I set you down in our bed to nurse but even before I get in be beside you you are already back to fast asleep, having staked your claim on the bed that is, apparently yours. Can't say I'm surprised. Your sisters were the same.

You like to talk. You talk A LOT. You can carry whole conversations, just babbling along. I love listening to you and talking to you. As do your sisters. Ate Desi likes to hug and kiss you and say "Mamon, say Mama!" In the car, Ate Lia sits beside you and likes to describe to you the things that pass by. They both love you so much, and they tell you that they love you. You are very lucky to have such sweet sisters, although you may not think that much when the day comes that they will boss you around, or gang up on you, or try to make you play girly games with them. Still, I'm hopeful that the three of you grow up to be very close and have each others' backs.

We're going through a bit of transition, in that your original Yaya Fe is leaving us next month. We already have her replacement, your new yaya Marife, and she's learning the ropes on how to take care of you at home and when we go out. She still has a ways to go before she's as efficient in our routines as Yaya Fe, but I think you and she have managed to bond in the past week. It's a good thing you're a friendly baby and you go with just about anyone. Although, since you essentially have two yayas this month, you spend a lot of time with them, rather than with me. This is something I'm feeling quite guilty about. Even right now, that I'm writing you a letter, I'm wondering if I should just have you, and sing to you and play with you, rather than let your yayas take care of you. But your sisters have been sick these past few weeks so I've had to take care of them too. I do have you every evening, and all night but still I feel I should spend more time with you from now on. Babyhood is so fleeting, that you'll be running and jumping before we know it, and I'll wonder what I did when you were helpless on your back and I could have cuddled you all I wanted while you were too little to wiggle away.

I love you so much, Ramon! I love your little Ramo-hawk. And your cutie-woot dimples. I'm so addicted to your smiles I have two high tech cameras so I could capture them whenever I want. The best part is you don't suddenly frown and refuse to smile at the sight of cameras so even if you have much fewer baby pics than your sisters, you definitely have the best quality photos. Your Dad feels that the amount we've spent on these cameras are more than worth it because we have so many great photos of you.
I can't wait for all the things you'll be able to do when you're bigger, like eat food, and crawl and play. But I also think you are already absolutely perfect just being this age and size. I guess my point is, I love you no matter what. For ever and ever.
Love, Mommy



Ramo-moe, Your Lolo Dan and Lola Vinchu also love you very much. We're so happy you're around. You give so much joy to all. Come visit us every weekend along with your ates. Love, Lolo Dan
ReplyDeleteRamon! I love your Ramoe-hawk! Haven't seen you laugh out loud yet, but I'm sure I'll catch it one of these days. Now I can't tell if you look like your mommy or your daddy...
ReplyDelete