Happy 3 months! Has it only been three months? My goodness. Three months already! Time is both fast and slow when taking care of a baby as young as you. Every morning, I wake up and look at you and wonder at how much you had grown overnight. But at the same time it feels like I haven't slept in forever!
Well, no that's not really fair. Although I was hoping you'd be like Ate Lia who slept through the night at 2 months, you're not as bad as Ate Desi who woke up almost every hour to nurse at your age. You usually fall asleep at around 10pm, wake up to nurse at around 2:30am, and then the next time you wake up is around 5 or 6am na. That's quite tolerable. Especially since you don't poop in the middle of the night anymore. So, thanks Ramon! You are a very good baby. :-)

I'm sorry that this month's entry is three days late. We've been quite busy since you turned 3 months. What with Ate Desi having tonsillitis, and your yaya was sick on your three month birthday. Usually, I leave you with her so I can write your letter, but I had to play with you, so I'm sure you don't mind. The next day I had to take you to your surgeon for a check up. We spent most of that day in the car because our driver got us lost in the innards of Sucat and Filinvest going toward Alabang. Yesterday I took you with me to a meeting in Shangri la. So you see, you've been quite busy these past three days, doing things you would rather do, than be left alone with Yaya while Mommy wrote a letter you won't read for another 10 or 30 years. Not a bad trade, right?

You might ask at this point, Surgeon? I took you to your surgeon? Yes, dear, the highlight of this past month (aside from your Christening, which was quite a big party) was your little operation. You had a fistula in ano and it needed surgery. I wrote about the experience here. For the first few days when we got home you were always cranky because sitting and farting and pooping was still painful. But you were in a much better mood when we started giving you paracetamol. Now your doctor said your butt wounds are practically healed. So, there! You are well. One last check up in a couple of weeks and we can put this whole anal business behind us. Good job, Ramon.
You know, I think of all my babies, you are the most laid back, the one who complains the least. Very easy to please. Even when you were probably uncomfortable, you complained quite nicely. Of course you wail bloody hell when things are actually painful, but other than that, nothing's a big deal. You don't even cry when you have wet or poopy diapers. When you're hungry you just go, Eh! Eh! And sort of open your mouth as if you're looking for a nipple to appear out of thin air. You're not that much of a cry baby. That's great, anak. I hope that means you're not madrama. This would mean you share more with your Daddy than just your good looks.

Again, of all my babies, you are the one who actually plays with toys. When we lay you on your back, and put some dangling toys above you, you actually enjoy punching them and making them move and make sounds. Your Ate's didn't really enjoy this, unless I was there to help them shake the rattles, or talk and encourage them to play. If I left them with the toys for a few seconds, they would immediately complain. But you would lay there with your "serious fun" look and punch at the toys as if you believed if you hit them in the right combination, you could get the house to fly. It's really fascinating! And convenient. One night you allowed Mommy to watch over half an episode of Bones before you complained at being left alone. And last night, last night was awesome cause you actually put yourself to sleep! I've never had a baby with the ability to just lie there and eventually fall asleep. I considered it a minor miracle! Daddy said it was a fluke and would never happen again. I'm hoping you could do this every night. We'll find out soon enough if you really do have this super baby power. PLEASE I hope you have this super baby power.

At 3 months, you're already awake for long periods of time so you like to be carried or entertained with toys or conversation. Conversation that you like to join into. You like to coo and gurgle and talk back. But other than that you're relatively immobile, which is good because if you start rolling over next month, then falling off the bed will become a possibility. So I'm enjoying this point in your development as much as I can. You've also started to stuff your fist in your mouth. So we've stopped making you wear mittens during the day. They get quickly soaked in laway. Pretty gross.

What I really love is how smiley and friendly you are. You like to smile at people who play with you, even Mommy's friends whom you've never seen before. And when you're in the mood, you humor mommy and smile at the camera. Unfortunately, Mommy wasn't able to take a lot of good photos of you in this past month. I have lots and lots of pics of you in my iPhone, but they're blurry and not good enough for your blog. The DSLR takes awesome photos of you, but it's too bulky to take around wherever we go. But I'm committed to making sure all your monthly letters have photos that show off your cuteness so I promise to take more pictures in the coming months.

I love you so much, Ramon, my son. For now, you're still little so taking care of you is not so different from baby girls, but I can't wait for the time when you're into superheroes and sports and cars and gadgets. I hope I have it in me to raise you to be a good man.
Love, Mommy



mine nalang this one! you can have the one with the teeth! haha. kaka-miss to have a cutie pie baby who laughs but can't yet roll over...
ReplyDeleteHahaha! You will change your mind when Luis smiles with just one or two teeth! You will fall in love all over again, trust me. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHappy 3rd month Birthday Day, Ramon!!! Sorry I didn't visit you in the hospital or even at home when you had that operation. One reason is that your Lolo does not have the courage to see you in pain. I called your mom right after the op and I heard your wild screams over the phone. I surmise the pain killer was already wearing off. So I'm super glad you're okay now. Looking forward to your next visit in Katipunan. Love, Lolo Dan
ReplyDelete