lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Month 1

Dear Ramon,

Happy Happy Happy 1 month! I hope you don't think that just because I don't have a lot of blog entries or photo albums about you, as opposed to all the entries I used to post about your Ates, aside from the monthly letters, I haven't been thinking of or writing about you. Believe me, you're getting more readers because I post about you on Facebook and Twitter. And that just because this letter is two days late, that I haven't been preparing for this entry. Truth is, you've been quite busy, that's why I haven't been able to post much. Yup, it's you that's busy, not me, and I'm only busy cause you're my latest, most current boss and I have to do whatever you want, follow whatever you dictate, and do everything in my power to keep you happy. I really hope I'm doing a good job.



So what have you been up to in your first month of life, you ask? What could you have possibly been doing that is occupying so much of Mommy's time? Well, you've been growing, for one thing. And growing takes a LOT of milk, and your milk is exclusively provided you by Mommy. By now, having breastfed two babies for a while year each, Mommy's pretty much used to nursing forever and ever, in all sorts of ways and positions. It's a very good thing you were born an expert and you latched on to Mommy just seconds after you were born. You practically haven't stopped since. Milk just goes right through you, sometimes you nurse, poop and then go right back to nursing as if you just had to make that extra space so you get to spend more time suckling.



And also, going out! You are, by far, the most gala of all my babies. Whether it's because I'm more comfortable traveling with a baby now, or if it's cause our yayas are also already used to going out with infants, or cause the demand for you by the outside world is just too high to ignore, you've been out every single week since you were born (Ate Desi didn't even go to Katipunan until she was a month old). You've been to Tita Michelle's house every week since you were born, to Katipunan and St. Ignatius three times already, you've been to two parties, and you've even been shopping! Yes! All in a month! And thanks to Kuya Luis you're always decked out in the cutest baby fashions. I think even if you go out everyday until you're Kuya Luis's size, you can wear something different everyday. But of course we stay at home as much as we can... not cause you get tired, cause you're just asleep whenever we're not at home. We stay home so Mommy can rest enough to be able to handle nursing you so much.



The thing about you being out of the house is, it seems to relax you. Or maybe bore you. Cause you're always just asleep. Asleep in Katipunan, asleep in St. Ignatius, asleep in Rustan's, at Bogs' baptism, at Kiara and Raks' birthday party, asleep asleep asleep. Which I guess is good, cause that allows Daddy and me to mingle at parties, and take care of your Ates. The flipside of that is it seems you like to be awake at home. Which of course brings about all the comments of how sweet and good and easy to take care of you are, when none of them know that at home, you nurse poop nonstop, either all morning, or all afternoon, or the worst is when you do this all night. Oh the internets are quite aware when there are nights that Mommy gets absolutely zero sleep at all, when for some reason, you either want to nurse all night, or be carried all night! Honestly, I can live with the nursing all night, I can eventually fall asleep while nursing now. But the carry? Come on Ramon! No carrying at night!

Unless Daddy is there and wakes up and can't fall asleep anymore.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen a lot cause he doesn't seem to wake up to baby cries anymore. Ah! Immunity! Don't worry, Mommy didn't get that power. So no, you won't be going hungry through the night. Just possibly, if you poop, you don't get changed till sunrise. Sorry babe.



However, I am willing to admit that with you, there have been more good nights than bad. By bad I mean Mommy not sleeping at all. By good, I mean Mommy wakes up only 3 times in the night. And also, thanks to Lola Vinchu, I learned you tend to sleep longer on your tummy (like Ate Lia, unlike Ate Desi). Last night was a very good night. Not only did you sleep three hours straight between feedings, you were also silent. Cause baby, you are a noisy noisy sleeper. Sort of like your Daddy. Except you don't snore. You do these little wheezy, baby elephant, grunting noises in your sleep. Like you're trying to poop, but you're not. You're just such a noisy sleeper! Your Ates were not. And this is the reason you have to stay in the crib at night. Cause even when you're being good, you keep Mommy from sleeping. And sleep is so very very important for Mommy's sanity.



Aside from the not allowing Mommy to sleep, I love love love spending time with you. I bathe you, and change your diapers and nurse you, of course. When you're awake, I turn off the TV and talk to you. And since you're still little, you don't look at me directly yet when I'm talking to you. You're looking everywhere else, and seem to be ignoring me. I guess it's because of that, and your small eyes and big cheeks that you're looking more and more like your Daddy. And this was something I prayed for when I was pregnant with you, that you turn out to be just like your Daddy, not only in pogi looks, but also in personality. That you be smart and fun, and good and kind, and responsible and caring just like him. Unfortunately I believe you've also inherited his super noisy farts! Blech. So far the only thing you seem to have gotten from me are my really loud burps. Ah well. Perhaps the noisy bodily functions will mark you as a truly manly man.



My sweet, lovable, super pogi Ramon, I can't wait to see you grow up, to learn all about you, what you like and don't like, how you will adore and annoy your sisters, how you will bond with your Daddy over sports and cars, how you will be a geek or a musician, or an artist, or (as your Dad would like) a banker. I can't wait to talk to you and know how you think. I'm so excited to get to know you. And that's why I don't really mind nursing you all the time, cause the more you eat, the more you'll grow, and the sooner I'll get to know the kind of man you will become.



You truly are one of the biggest and best surprises of my life. I am so happy and honored to be your Mommy. And I love you forever, no matter what. I promise.


Love,

Mommy


2 comments:

  1. Your Lolo Dan and Lola Vinchu love you too, Ramon. Very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one month, baby Ramon! You are such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete