Lia: I'm a cowgirl!
Me: Really? Do you say moo?
Lia: No!
Me: But you're a cowgirl! What does a cow say?
Lia: Moo!
Me: What does a cowgirl say?
Lia: (pause) Yee-ha!!!
Talo na naman ako.
Desi has started to talk too. And since she started saying Ate when she was 9 months old, I've been trying to get her to say Mommy to no avail. She says Daday once in a while. But not a Mama. Until yesterday.
Me: Desi, say MOMMY!
Desi: (smiles at me) Mamaaaa!
Me: YAY! (I jump up and hug and kiss her all over her face) Again again again! Say Mommy!
Desi: (grin)
Me: Say Mommy!
Desi: (giggle)
Me: Say Mommy!
Desi: ATE!!!
I can see it now, Desi will be teasing me like this for the rest of my life!
I can't wait.
And now I will leave you with Lia's Quote of the Day. I woke up cranky and went to check Lia's room to see if she was awake. She was. And as soon as she saw me, she got up, looked at me and said:
"Mommy! The time machine is broken!"
The crankiness instantly disappeared. Labor was officially worth it.



"Mommy! The time machine is broken!"
ReplyDeleteshe sounds like sheldon's spawn! hahahahaha
well at least she calls you mama or mommy. our bonbon, he often calls us by our first names.
ReplyDeleteNOOOOO! No naman. She likes flowers and butterflies and everything pink. She's just a little geeky and a lot girly. Anak ni Penny and Sheldon? yaakk!
ReplyDeleteEh syempre ang tawagan din namin ni Mike, Daddy at Mommy. Oh, but Desi calls me Ate. Hahaha!
ReplyDelete