lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sign with your Baby


Rating:★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Parenting & Families
Author:Joseph Garcia
Lately I've been writing about how proud I am that Desi has started to sign. Lia started signing at around the same age and I just wanted to share what helped me teach my children to sign.

Sign with your Baby is a complete learning kit with a book, a DVD and a quick reference guide. When Lia was a baby, I couldn't find it locally but I saw it in Amazon and asked Ninang Michelle to get it for me since she was in the States at the time. At first I thought it was overpriced, but I've applied it to two babies already, and even at its original price, it's still cheaper than the class being offered in Fully Booked right now. It is very informative, although as to be expected, rather quite western in their choice of words and early concepts to teach children. Like, I still don't know the sign for Yaya.

Whether you are able to order this kit from Amazon, or decide to take a class in Fully Booked, I am telling you it is worth the effort to teach your baby to sign. With Lia it was such a relief that she was able to ask for her milk, and not have to cry and be misunderstood just because she couldn't talk yet. That she could point out things and know how to refer to them with signs was just a wonderful bonus. It also did not impede her speech development. In fact she learned to talk and even read at a very early age. It's not hard to imagine that it's at least partly because she learned to sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment