Happy two months yesterday! I didn't forget, in fact I greeted you happy two months when you woke up. But yesterday was a full day for Mommy, with Ninang Ninin coming over, and we had lots of stuff to do. But at least you had a visitor on your 2nd monthday. And you were very good and nice the whole time. And now, even if I still have a bunch of things to do, I am setting it all aside to write to you because this is important. You are the most important person in my life right now, just a little over Daddy and Ate because I am solely responsible for your sustenance. And it is an honor I take seriously.

The other day, the day before you turned two months, we went to Dr. Tito Jojo for a check up and a shot. You hit all your developmental milestones like focusing your eyes, recognizing your parents (at least, I'm pretty sure you know me. You probably know Daddy too because you poop more when he's around. I think it's your way of making him spend time with you, changing your diapers), pushing your chest off the bed when lying on your tummy. You were so good at the clinic actually, you were awake and showing off to Tito Jojo that you can do all those things.

But the thing that I'm proudest about you was that when he gave you an injection, all you said was, "wah!" for a couple of seconds and that was it. You didn't cry! You are so brave! Even last month, when you got your first shots, you were hungry and cranky already so you were already wailing furiously even before you were even given the injection. You barely noticed the first shot and when the second shot came, you suddenly stopped crying. I guess the needle prick surprised you out of crying. I think it's wonderful how brave and good you are about injections, and dare I say you got that from me because your Daddy is definitely more maarte about these things than Mommy is.
Many things have happened since you turned 1 month. You were baptized into Jesus' family, you've been to Katipunan and St. Ignatius, you've even been to Angeles in Pampanga to visit Lolo Bob. And I must say, you travel really well. Too well, in fact. When at home you stay awake all afternoon demanding for Mommy to talk to you and entertain you. When we're out visiting all the Lolos and Lolas who are only too happy to play with you, you sleep sleep sleep. We've been to St. Ignatius 3 times and most of our family there haven't seen you with open eyes. I think you really like riding in the car. The seat and the vibrations put you straight to sleep. And when the cars stops because it's stuck in traffic, that makes you cry. Traffic makes you cry more than injections. What a funny little girl you are!

Last night, we were on the bed with Daddy and Ate Lia and you fell asleep on my lap. So I put you in your crib to keep you safe because Ate was jumping all around and might hit you. But soon after I left you there, you started crying. You weren't hungry and your diaper was clean. I think you just didn't want to be left out. So I got you again and it was all four of us on the bed again. And for some reason, even if Ate Lia was jumping and shouting (but careful not to hit you), being with us calmed you down and you fell asleep again, in Mommy's arms.

We're still practicing how to be a bigger family, how to give you all the attention you need, as well as Ate Lia's. And I can imagine how hard that could be with difficult babies. But you are good and calm and unfazed by your Ate's noise and activeness, it hasn't been hard at all. Already I am excited to see what it will be like when you can run and jump and play as sisters. But I am also enjoying the time we're having right now, when you can barely move, and are completely dependent on me, because never ever in the future will you be more mine than now. When you can't say No, or walk away from me, or even be fed by anyone else. It's tiring and draining sometimes but you make it all worth it.
I love you forever,
Mommy



can you be my mommy? hehe.
ReplyDeletei'm glad you're really enjoying your job right now. and what a blessing to have such a non-fussy baby. i can imagine how doubly stressful it is to have babies that cry all the time. hehe.
Wow naman, galing naman ni Desi. Of course galing din ni mommy.
ReplyDelete