Happy one month of life! It's amazing how fast a month can go past, and how much a person can grow in such time. You certainly have been truly amazing. After already having had a baby, I thought having another one wouldn't be that big a change. But you have changed my life. And even if the changes are familiar, they are also different. Because you are different. You are my Desi.

You have been an angel for most of the past month. From your undramatic birth to your seamless inclusion into our family, we often wondered at how little you complained, how you kept your cries at a minimum, how you managed to sleep for 2-3 hours at a time at night, allowing your Daddy and me to get some sleep (even if it's always interrupted). But there have been days, oh two or three, that stretched on to forever because of the crying that I couldn't figure out. In fact, today, on the day you turned one month, I did something I had never done before. I passed you on to your Yaya in the middle of the afternoon so I can take a nap. Because I hadn't gotten any sleep last night, and I was falling over on my feet, trying to rock you to sleep. When she returned you to me two hours later, I still hadn't felt rested, and you were screaming the paint off the walls. And then you noisily glugged down some milk from me and then cried again. When I tried to burp you, you audibly released a big batch of poop! Which meant I had to change you in the midst of some very violent crying. And then you nursed again, and you cried again, this time from wee... The rest is a hazy blur. But I do remember thinking, Desi, you're one month today! Please sleep so Mommy can write you a letter! Please!

Well, you are asleep right now. And I would put you down in the crib, but I'm too scared you'd wake up crying again. So you are on a pillow on my lap, which is your favorite place to sleep, next to in someone's arms while that person is standing and bobbing/bouncing/dancing. And as I look down at your peaceful little face, it is easy to forget today's ordeal and remember what an angel you are, how delightful and fascinating you are to simply hold, watch and be with.
Speaking of delightful, one of my favorite things that you do is your little baby elephant noises. You like to make this sound from the back of your throat that sounds like a baby elephant, and you would squirm and twist and get red in the face, and then you would poop or fart really loud. Like, loud enough to sound like an adult fart. Loud enough to wake up your Daddy and me, when you farted in your sleep from your crib a few feet away. You are your father's daughter and for this ability of yours, he is truly proud. Oh and as bodily functions go, you burp quite loudly as well. That, my dear, you got from me.

You slept a lot during the first two weeks but have been more and more awake lately. Which means I get to surf the net less, but see your eyes more. And I am not exaggerating, I think you have the most beautiful baby eyes on the planet. And your Daddy agrees with me that even after nights when you kept both of us from getting any sleep, seeing you in the dawn sunlight makes everything worth it because you get prettier and prettier everyday.

Desi, I want you to know that I had prayed for another baby for months. And when you came I knew that Jesus not only heard my prayer, he picked his favorite angel to bless us with. You are my answered prayer, a gift from heaven, proof that of God's infinite love.
As I love you. More than you can ever imagine.
Love, Mommy



mas kamukha ata ng nanay. tama ba?
ReplyDeleteyup, i agree. i see the resemblance with you now.
ReplyDeleteCute ni Desi! Congrats (again) to another wonderful daughter :)
ReplyDeleteHi Ina, I always read your blogs but I don't think I ever commented. Just wanted to say that you have very beautiful daughters. :)
ReplyDeleteShe looks like you ins! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 1st month, Desi! I hope I'll get to see you before May 11. :)
Wow, three votes she looks like me! Or is it just wishful thinking? Maybe i posted the photos that make her look more like me than mike. Hehehe. For now I think all bets are off. I'd give her another month or two to decide whom she will turn out to look like.
ReplyDeleteThanks Gela! I think so too. But then all mothers think their daughters are beautiful. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Future Ninang Judy! :-) You can come see her anytime, we're always just at home. :-D
ReplyDelete