
| Rating: | ★★★★ |
| Category: | Other |
At first, we used it as part of a time-to-sleep routine, at an age when she would fight her sleepiness and get more hyper as the night went on, watching a baby einstein video would calm her down and make her ready to sleep. Later on, especially when she started talking she would say things no one taught her, which she definitely only learned from those videos. Words like motorcycle and seahorse. She learned a lot of sign language, shapes, numbers, colors, animals, all these things, although we teach these things to her through the day, they were definitely reinforced by Baby Einstein. Or we reinforced what she was learning through the videos. Either way, the surprisingness of how much Lia knows at her age, was definitely helped and not hindered by Baby Einstein.
Sadly of course, we would never have purchased them at their original price (P1,300 per DVD. Hello.) Which is why we also give 5 stars to Makati Cinema Square (P50 each).
In the last couple of months, it has become noticable that the videos don't have the same calming, almost hypnotic effect anymore. She has memorized them all and would jump all over the bed, yelling Circle! Circle! Circle! or Strawberries! Flamingo! depending on which video we're watching. I think she has outgrown them. But it was great while it lasted.



Our children's librarian asked me the other day what I think of the "Baby Einstein videos controversy". I told her that we used it a number of times and didn't find any detrimental effects in our kids' development.
ReplyDeleteLike any other learning tool, I think these videos are ok as long as kids use/watch it in moderation. hehe. parang beer ah. haha
I agree. Of course if you sit your kids to watch Baby Einstein, or any videos all day for hours, I wouldn't be surprised if they were restless all the time. But if you reinforce what they learn on the videos and talk to them all the time, and also have time to run and play outside, you stand to gain a lot from these videos.
ReplyDelete