Play dowaporer lopipeps?
You want to play Dora the Explorer on Little Leaps?
Ok-ok?
Ok, Lia.
Tenku Mommy!
You're welcome!
You're we-come!
She does her best to say things right, and she does most of the time. For the longest time she called Mickey Mouse, Kimimau. She started saying Mickey Mouse just last week in Punta Fuego. And for people who don't spend every day with her, she could be hard to decipher. Which is important because she talks A LOT. And requires you to repeat to her what she just said, in real words, and if you're not able to give her the correct real words, she will yell it louder and louder in frustration and anger of "WHAT PART OF DUMMYBELS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND??!?!" So I thought I'd share a sort of glossary with you, not of all the words Lia can say, but just the things she says... well, differently. :-)
The Lia Glossary (January 6, 2008)
SHAPES
ticurl = circle
re-tangle = rectangle
try-gingle = triangle
TV
dowaporer = dora the explorer
dowaboots = dora and boots
muhmey kidom = mermaid kingdom
lopipeps = little leaps
bibi aytayns = baby einstein
GREETINGS
happy to you! = happy birthday to you!
meri cri-mas! = merry christmas!
ha pa! = high five!
ANIMALS
pe-twik = penguin
bik = could mean either pig or pink
gingginggo = flamingo
hipomomus = hippopotamus
alafan = elephant
THINGS
tchee = could mean either tree or three, or the letter T, or C.
telpon = celphone or telephone
ba-tsebol = basketball
ba-menton = badminton (refering to Mike's old badminton racket)
dummybels = gummy bears
VEHICLES
mochyko = motorcycle
by-chiko = bicycle
try-chiko = tricycle



wow! such a smart baby! Ü maddie doesn't even know her letters yet and she's already 28 months. =P great job ina! and lia!
ReplyDeleteNakakagigil! I can imagine her saying those words.. I want to see and talk to Lia tuloy :)
ReplyDeleteHi Ins,
ReplyDeleteThe other sunday while we were still in the dining room, Lia said to me, "antok". I didn't understand it first but later I realized she was saying "ontog". So I raised her to the ceiling!
Yehey!
Dad
What a cutie! It would be interesting if you could record her talking. Then years from now you can all have a good laugh at how she used to talk. We used to keep voice recordings of the kids when they were very young till our old computer crashed. Mari used to say "rex-ray" to mean xray while Diego would use: hmm-haah to mean milk Can't quite figure that one out but hey, that's the uniqueness of Diego :-) His 1st song was "Gib Pangs" (Give Thanks) :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for Lia's Glossary. Hopefully when she talks with me, she won't get too frustrated.
After I posted the glossary, I remembered more words she likes to say that are a little hard to understand, like, "ala-tafan" which means electric fan. And yesterday, she came up with a new one. "Bangangans" which means Backyardigans.
ReplyDeleteActually, I recorded her singing twinkle twinkle and bahay kubo (kimimas atalo = singkamas at talong) using my creative zen recorder, but for some reason, hindi ko ma-transfer sa computer. I think it's broken.