lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Friday, March 10, 2006

First Visit to Dr. Tito Jojo


Our appointment was at 1pm but Daddy had a meeting and couldn't get back by 12:30 so we were slightly late again. Which was ok because even if we got to the clinic at 1:20, Dr. Tito Jojo arrived at 1:30.

(It's so fun to call Tito Jojo, Dr. Tito Jojo again. We stopped calling him that when we were too old to have a pediatrician for a doctor. Now he's my baby's doctor. So he's my doctor again too.)

Lia was weighed and measured again and she's growing normally. Gaining twice as much weight as the acceptable level for Filipino babies. She's healthy and normal and everything we could ask for. Dr. Tito Jojo also said if she keeps growing in the rate she's going now, she'll stand 5'2 when she's 18 years old. That's slightly taller than me, and slightly shorter than her daddy. I can't wait till I can borrow clothes from my daughter! Hahaha!

She also got her first Hepa B shot, which caused her to cry loud and loooong. The length of her "pain cry" even impressed Dr. Tito Jojo. She was crying from hunger before she got the injection, so that's like, "wah wah wah wah" and then the needle hit and she went all red in the face and went "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!". The pain cry. I almost cried myself. Her daddy couldn't look. After a few seconds she completely stopped crying. And then sort of looked around. And Dr. Tito removed the cotton from her leg, and she remembered that she's hungry, so she went back to "wah wah wah". My baby is so brave. I hope she grows up like me, when I was little, I refused to cry at injections. Even the huge one of the dentist when she's going to pull your tooth out.

After that we were ready to go home, and I didn't want her to be upset all the way so I decided to nurse in the car. Her daddy wouldn't let us sit in front because it's safer daw for us to stay in the back. He did however, manage to take this photo. The only photo of the trip we have. Haha. Not so good at this documentation bit. She pooped like 3 times while we were in the clinic so we were too busy with her diapers and diaper rash and avoiding projectile poop/pee to document anything there. We'll do better next month. Let's hope she does too.

Oh! And see my new nursing blouse. In the photo it looks like an ordinary shirt but it's layered with these slits inside which allows me to breastfeed discretely in public. Hehe. I love it! Doesn't crease easily either. I wish they had more colors and designs though. These nursing shirts are a bit hard to come by.




No comments:

Post a Comment