lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Month 19

Dear Ramon,

I don't have a very good excuse for missing your 18th month letter. I thought this time, after failing with both your sisters, I would get to write an 18th month letter. But but the day came and went and we left for the UK and come back. And now here I am, greeting you Happy 19 months! Well, people can't say I'm not consistent. For the record, I didn't forget the day you turned one-and-a-half. I greeted you! I remember that. I think on that day I took you and both your sisters to Dr. Jojo's clinic. And of course all the days leading up to mine and Daddy's trip were especially hectic. But late as this letter may be, it's here. And I am excited to tell you what you've been up to these past three months.



In my last letter I mentioned you had just learned to walk. Well, now you're running around with the rest of them. Especially when Kuya Luis is over, you run around with him and your sisters, it's a lot of fun to watch the four of you play and chase each other. Of course, the four of you like to fight as well, when everyone seems to want to play with whatever everyone else is playing with. But Ramon, even if you're the youngest and littlest one, you are by no means a pushover. You assert yourself very well, and perhaps because you're the youngest, people, including your older sisters, tend to let you have your way. Once you pushed Kuya Luis he landed on his butt on the floor. But he didn't cry. And when I told you No and say sorry, you hugged him. He laughed and hugged you back. I have a feeling the two of you will fight and make up for the rest of your lives.



I guess because you're getting bigger, you're figuring out what you want to do and what you don't. Not to mention figuring out that crying and wailing can get you what you want. In the picture above you were protesting that I put you in the grocery cart because you would much rather be on the floor, messing with the grocery bags. You are such a boy, you have no patience for shopping. At least you didn't cry. You just yelled to register your protest. And to your defense, you missed your nap that day precisely because I dragged you to the supermarket. But only because you were in dire need of a haircut. Perhaps I should combine these to tasks to one day anymore. :-)



It's a good thing you are now better able to express yourself. You can say Mom (you always yell MOM! as if you're always in urgent need of my attention), Yayaya for Yaya, and Dada for Daddy. Also, somehow in two weeks Daddy and I were away, your Yaya was finally able to get you to sign please. And now you have discovered the magic sign that will get you whatever you want. Which is fine. As long as it eliminates all the hideous crying for everything. Now you point, nod, and sign please. Good thing you haven't asked for a knife, or a princess doll (Daddy would be horrified). Mostly you ask for food. Junk food, never the healthy stuff. Water. And toys. And your favorite thing in the world, the "A."


"A" is what you call the iPad. I can almost believe you missed it more than me when we took it with us to the UK. Good thing you hugged me when we got home, and didn't ask for the A until much later. However, most days, when I get home from somewhere, you squeal with delight, yell "Mom!" And when I hug you you say, "A?" That means, "where is the iPad, I need it now!" In fairness to the iPad, it has succeeded where I have been remiss. You learned the letter A from it (but none of the other letters so far), and you know your shapes because of it. You can ably match shapes in the shape game, and complete the jigsaw puzzle. You even say "Hat!" for heart and "Tar!" for Star, and "Ovl" for Oval. There's a game with vehicles and the sounds they make, and I made up actions for each, and you make the right action every time we tap a vehicle. Your favorites are always Train and Motorcycle. Recently, you've taken to playing the non-educational games more. As if the ones suited to your age are too boring for you. You like Fruit Ninja, Tap the Frog, Coin Drop, Hero Princess, and a bunch of other games you don't know how to play, but enjoy making funny noises with. It is very very hard to pry your hands away from the iPad once it's with you. Doing so would result in screaming and thrashing and lying down wailing. Sigh. Looks like you're going to grow up loving gadgets, just like Daddy.



You are such a funny boy, always wanting to play with things that aren't toys. You like watching TV (you hand me the remote control when you want me to turn the TV on. And hand it to me again when you want me to change the channel). You like dancing when you hear music you like. But your dancing is mainly waving your arms or nodding your head. Or sometimes swaying, depending on the music. You are very possessive of the iPad but I think you're slowly learning to share other things. You know what it means when I say, "Give to Ate." and you know which toys belong to which Ate, and give them their toys. If you're playing with something they want, you give it to them if they give you something else to play with. The three of you are actually able to play peacefully together for long periods of time. I guess. As long as Ate Desi is in the mood to go along with Ate Lia's dictates, and you don't mess their set up TOO much. Just a little is ok. ;-)



I missed you so much while we were away, Ramon. Your hugs, your laway kisses, your serious fun face, how you like to use my finger as a stylus on the iPad, how you like to lean your head on my chest when you feel like making lambing, how you clap your hands when you're proud of what you've done, how you have a naughty smirk when you think you've gotten away with something you're not supposed to do. I love being with you, and how easy it is to take care of you. We spend many afternoons together, playing with the iPad, until you push my hands away and insist on playing on your own, and often I fall asleep in the bed beside you, while you play by yourself contentedly. I'm not sure I'm being a good mother by doing this. But it works for us, and if you need me, you wake me up naman. Or walk out and look for your Yaya.



My dear and darling boy, you give me so much joy. I am so proud of you, of who you are, and who you will be. I am already so proud of you. I know you will keep making me proud for years.

I love you forever and ever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment