lilypie tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mommy's blog is still in RFL. This is all about the little Juans. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Desi's Firstses!

Some milestones in the last couple of days:

Last Friday was my first foray into the outside world. I left Desi for the first time, just for about 3 hours, to go shopping. I had to buy stuff I couldn't get Mike to buy for me. Like underwear. And a girdle. Anyway, while I was away, Yaya Jenny helped Yaya Fe feed Desi with the milk I had pumped the day before. She finished 3.5 oz! Takaw baby. And she drank from a bottle, with a nipple, for the first time. No problem feeding from me again when I got home, so no nipple confusion. Yay Desi! Food is food, right?

And then, yesterday morning, while we were sunning her, I peeked at her belly, and found that the stump of her umbilical cord had disappeared. I looked for it, on our bed, in the crib, in the blanket, it was no where to be found. I wanted to save it pa naman because I was able to save Lia's (I know weird. But what can I say? It's in her baby book.) but I suspect it fell into a diaper that Mike had thrown out in the middle of the night, changing the baby while half asleep. Aw. Oh well. Sorry Desi, no saved umbilical cord for you.

But, because her cord fell na, we gave her her first bath yesterday morning.



It was not without complaints, but it wasn't World War III either. And I'm just glad she didn't poop or pee in the bath tub. She pooped right after I finished dressing her. Good girl.

4 comments:

  1. it's much worse when boys pee while in the bath. hehe! they have an aimer... instead of girls who pee in the water... which requires change of water either way. haha!

    good girl, desi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naku, not just in the bath. Everytime you change a baby boy's diaper, you have to always have a lampin covering him or you might get pee all over you. Haha! I know, I used to change my brother's diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowowee! She looks like she's making eye contact and smiling to someone. Pretty soon she'll baby talk na, and then, make chismis na. Oh no, we're missing a lot. Limang tulog na lang. Baka from the airport, we will go straight to your house. Soon you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dad, she's not smiling or making eye contact yet. She's still in the eat-sleep-poop stage. Although sometimes if you catch her wide awake and not crying, it's fun to just watch her for hours on end. :-)

    What time is your flight arriving ba? Warn us so we can prepare food. :-D

    ReplyDelete